Rooted, but not standing still
Solace Farm General Store - Curiousities & Necessities
RSS

Recent Posts

Ahhhh, Christmas is approaching....
Flea Market Season

Solace Farm - Our Living Journal
vintage
yummy
powered by

My Blog

Rooted, but not standing still

Rooted, but not standing still.....
As I am tempted by the nearby orchards all beckoning me to come and pick apples a few things come to mind.  First the smell in the kitchen when I have the dehydraters filled with cut apples and the crockpot filled with homemade applebutter.  But second is the tree itself and what the familiar site can come to mean.

Our family just yesterday continued a tradition.  We planted a redbud tree in our yard.   You see we have planted a redbud at each house we have ever lived in (this one makes the 3rd).  It is truly something to return again, years later and see how it has grown.  It is also very meaningful to know that you have started something that will carry on and help provide shade on a hot day, beauty in the spring, and fresh oxygen to help make up for my families carbon footprint.  It is very grounding.

But this is also about not standing still.  Just because we are rooted, in traditions, in our small community, it doesn't mean that we aren't going somewhere, growing, evolving.  Just like us opening our General Store, the small community of Davis is growing.  The few houses that were looking for people to move in are now full and there are new members of the "family".  It is a wonderful feeling to know that we can continue to move forward even though we have roots.  And in the meantime, I will enjoy the tasty smells in my kitchen.

11 Comments to Rooted, but not standing still:

Comments RSS
Cinda on Friday, March 18, 2016 1:41 PM
You should post a picture of the tree! I would love to see it now :-)
Reply to comment

http://www.qualityassignment.co.uk/ on Thursday, August 22, 2019 1:27 AM
Honestly I like to read any blog which is related to nature. I am thankful to the author for sharing this wonderful blog with us.

how can i become a business coach on Tuesday, May 15, 2018 3:53 AM
Wow! Such a covincidence we have a simular tradition to plant Sakura tree in our garden. However, we are doing it only after some remarkable events in life of our family. We recently planted two of them, one was in hail of my brother wedding. Second one was planted in hail of my second son birth. If you think that we should have already a nice beautiful garden full of gorgeous sakura. You are totally right we have 23 of them now.
Reply to comment

http://www.qualitydissertation.co.uk/assignment-writing-help on Friday, September 20, 2019 3:23 AM
What a wonderful writing. It is really very meaningful to us that you provide shade on a hot day, beauty in the spring, and fresh oxygen to help make up for my families carbon footprint.

custom made cosplay costumes on Sunday, May 27, 2018 8:00 AM
Woo, this is really really good job. I love this and thanks for your share.
Reply to comment

term paper subjects on Monday, July 08, 2019 2:27 AM
Living in a big house with orchards all around has been my dream from my childhood but for now, I have to live in a flaty in the most crowded neighborhood of New York
Reply to comment

custom box enquiry on Thursday, July 25, 2019 4:51 AM
Always impressive. I am glad to hear that you have been busy with good things, but I am glad to have your blog back to read again! custom box enquiry
Reply to comment

dissertation hypothesis writing service on Thursday, August 08, 2019 3:45 AM
For me, rooted - means that you are stable, not that you are boring or not perspective. It means the feeling of peace and mindfullness.
Reply to comment

dissertation abstracts international on Thursday, August 08, 2019 4:11 AM
The kind of roots that reach deep in to the soil and provide a solid foundation as we grow.
Reply to comment

Certus Trading Reviews on Saturday, August 10, 2019 2:12 AM
By the end of Certus Trading Reviews options course, you will be able to choose stocks that are set to take off over the next 12 months, structure your trades to make a more than 100% return and hedge your trades to make money even if you are dead wrong on the direction.
Reply to comment

voyager avec enfant on Sunday, August 25, 2019 12:18 PM
Êtes-vous intéressé à voyager et si vous le voulez mal mais ne pouvez pas le rendre possible parce que vous êtes trop inquiet pour un petit enfant? Voyager avec un enfant n’est pas une question de tension ou d’inquiétude, c’est une bonne chose et en fait le meilleur que vous puissiez donner à votre enfant. Rendez-nous visite pour en savoir plus.
Reply to comment