Rooted, but not standing still
Solace Farm General Store - Curiousities & Necessities
My Blog

Rooted, but not standing still

Rooted, but not standing still.....
As I am tempted by the nearby orchards all beckoning me to come and pick apples a few things come to mind.  First the smell in the kitchen when I have the dehydraters filled with cut apples and the crockpot filled with homemade applebutter.  But second is the tree itself and what the familiar site can come to mean.

Our family just yesterday continued a tradition.  We planted a redbud tree in our yard.   You see we have planted a redbud at each house we have ever lived in (this one makes the 3rd).  It is truly something to return again, years later and see how it has grown.  It is also very meaningful to know that you have started something that will carry on and help provide shade on a hot day, beauty in the spring, and fresh oxygen to help make up for my families carbon footprint.  It is very grounding.

But this is also about not standing still.  Just because we are rooted, in traditions, in our small community, it doesn't mean that we aren't going somewhere, growing, evolving.  Just like us opening our General Store, the small community of Davis is growing.  The few houses that were looking for people to move in are now full and there are new members of the "family".  It is a wonderful feeling to know that we can continue to move forward even though we have roots.  And in the meantime, I will enjoy the tasty smells in my kitchen.

10 Comments to Rooted, but not standing still:

Comments RSS
Cinda on Friday, March 18, 2016 1:41 PM
You should post a picture of the tree! I would love to see it now :-)
Reply to comment

uk on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 10:51 PM
Thanks a lot for the kind of perfect topic I have not a lot of information about it but I have got an extra unique info in your unique post. Perfect description you have provided thanks for sharing.
Reply to comment

essay service reviews on Monday, May 07, 2018 4:03 AM
I acknowledge with you and your extraordinary thoughts. I think each specialist has significant picture and each specialist is extremely dependable in our documented. Particularly loathes off to hospice specialist, they will be great to spares individuals life.
Reply to comment

how can i become a business coach on Tuesday, May 15, 2018 3:53 AM
Wow! Such a covincidence we have a simular tradition to plant Sakura tree in our garden. However, we are doing it only after some remarkable events in life of our family. We recently planted two of them, one was in hail of my brother wedding. Second one was planted in hail of my second son birth. If you think that we should have already a nice beautiful garden full of gorgeous sakura. You are totally right we have 23 of them now.
Reply to comment

custom made cosplay costumes on Sunday, May 27, 2018 8:00 AM
Woo, this is really really good job. I love this and thanks for your share.
Reply to comment

write my paper for me on Saturday, June 02, 2018 12:09 AM
Great blog! i actually love however it's straightforward on my eyes and therefore the info area unit well written. i'm curious however i'd be notified whenever a brand new post has been created.
Reply to comment

finmax on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 3:49 AM
Along these lines, aside having the trade rates in your psyche, you ought to likewise take in the traps and methodology.
Reply to comment

Sportium on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 6:20 AM
It likewise has different variations of poker like Omaha, Seven Card Stud and Badugi. Paddy Power Poker additionally arranges a portion of the significant poker competitions in the UK.
Reply to comment

cheap prada bags sale on Monday, September 17, 2018 9:09 PM
Reply to comment

PhD dissertation writing services on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 5:32 AM
Site change is to an exceptional degree sound and supportive development. It is having a great time and all talented and taught inhabitants are getting value from it. It is thoroughly and explored with the educative reason.
Reply to comment