God Bless Small Town America
Solace Farm General Store - Curiousities & Necessities
RSS

Recent Posts

Ahhhh, Christmas is approaching....
Flea Market Season
Good Problems?!?
Rooted, but not standing still
God Bless Small Town America

Solace Farm - Our Living Journal
vintage
yummy
powered by

My Blog

God Bless Small Town America

I have a confession to make…..I don’t live in small townAmerica….I am a wanna-be.

You see, my sister and I have opened this store together in her neck of the woods (aka Davis, SD) and I travel up from Omaha, NE (metroarea population of 400,000+)  each and every chance I can get to help man the store.

But in my mind small town America rocks!!  From day one I have been made to feel like part of the community.  I am welcomed by name (think of Norm on Cheers!), I have people who are 100% sincere when they ask “How are you doing?” and they stick around to hear your reply…AND they ask follow-up questions so it turns into a real conversation!

Our Sunday paper didn’t get delivered this weekend.  And one gentlemen who came into the store noticed that it was lacking, do you know what he did?  He took it upon himself to drive to the next town over and buy us one.  BAM!  He saw a need and stepped up without expectation of anything more than a thank you.

But there are so many other reasons even beyond these two minor examples of why these places are wonderful.  I struggle to put it into words.  Its like we took a step back into time (while keeping the modern day conveniences thank goodness) to a period when life was focused on people instead of things.  A true community that is supportive instead of competitive.  Gosh, if only I was a author or writer who could find the right words to describe it.

In the meantime, I am back in my own city where I can only try to personify the small-town feeling in the hope that it can take root and spread anywhere and everywhere else.

God Bless small town America!
-signed “Someone who wished she lived in one”

p.s.  Davis has some houses that are currently for sale if you are interested in having this experience yourself :)

14 Comments to God Bless Small Town America:

Comments RSS
Florencio Housel on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 8:55 AM
person includes a determination of?

Alfredia Copeland on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 11:04 AM
someone we are excited for the stuff?

Loriann Patti on Friday, November 13, 2015 8:45 AM
Sometimes it happens to be difficult?

professional photo editing service on Monday, July 09, 2018 8:23 AM
Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work.

Anonymous on Thursday, July 26, 2018 3:04 AM
nice

loegmrntdherid1 on Wednesday, December 05, 2018 9:02 PM
Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well.

jrhwhhobo on Monday, January 14, 2019 11:13 PM
Nice

Boxing gloves on Thursday, February 14, 2019 5:26 AM
See more ideas about Destinations, Small town america and Small town girl Proud to be an American every single day God Bless your sour, Andy!

University Assignment Help on Tuesday, May 28, 2019 12:18 AM
Those Who Come To Read Your Article Will Find Lots Of Helpful And Informative Tips

Biology Essay Help on Tuesday, May 28, 2019 1:08 AM
They Are Not Able To Finish The Writing Assignments On Time. For Some Students, Writing Any Writing Assignments Is Able To Waste Their Time

Case Study Help on Tuesday, May 28, 2019 1:28 AM
Good Way Of Telling, Good Post To Take Facts Regarding My Presentation Subject Matter, Which I Am Going To Deliver In My College

Case Study Help on Tuesday, May 28, 2019 1:44 AM
I Personally Like Your Post, You Have Shared Good Article. It Will Help Me In Great Deal.

Betty J. Smith on Saturday, August 10, 2019 2:13 AM
Business growth comes only after strong leadership. Your target and your vision must be clear to you and to your team. Even if your team loses the track of the actual vision of the company then it is your duty to take it back on track For More Information.

Blog voyage martinique on Sunday, August 18, 2019 12:51 PM
Martinique is the most colorful island in the Caribbean region. It is the island blessed with beautiful beaches, green hills and forest. I have visited many times in this island and still I cannot resist myself visiting this place. In my Martinique travel blog, I have mentioned the all my experiences about traveling the blog. Visit the site and read my blogs if you are planning to travel this island.